Are you looking for the best fall vacation ideas? Maybe you have no idea where to head for a fall vacation. Truthfully, with cooler weather, it is hard to narrow down a destination. However, check out these 10 best fall vacations ideas for families. They include everything from taking in the cool crisp air and fall colors to a warm beach getaway and spots on both coasts!
10 Best Fall Vacations Ideas for Families
- Gatlinburg, Tennessee – This is literally the best place to go for a fall family vacation. It’s very family friendly, affordable, and downright beautiful.
- Gulf Coast – If you’re trying to escape the cold weather, then the Gulf Coast is an awesome place to head. It’s warm, pretty, and the perfect place for families this fall. Places like Santa Rosa Country are perfect for this.
- Head to a National Park– There are so many National Parks to be visited this fall. The beauty of National Parks like Yellowstone, in the fall, is indescribable. Plus, there’s always a ton for families to do! My kids love getting their Junior Ranger Badges from the National Park Sites!
- Pocono Mountains in Pennsylvania- Are visiting the mountains on your radar as a family? You’ll want to check out the Poconos. There are TONS of resorts to stay in, lots to do, and plenty of memories to make.
- Washington DC– If you can’t stand the capital when it’s hot outside, then you’ll love visiting in the fall months. This is a family favorite of ours because there is so much history to be learned. You can prepare your kids for the trip with the Washington DC homeschool activity.
- Savannah, Georgia – While this place can be extremely hot, it does cool down towards the fall months. Enjoy plenty of history and family fun when you head to Savannah, Georgia in the fall months.
- San Diego, California– Looking for the perfect beach weather? The good thing about San Diego is that it’s basically perfect weather all of the time. Head here for the perfect fall family vacation.
- New York City, New York– I’m a firm believer that everyone should visit New York at some point in their lives. During the fall, it is the perfect time to visit New York. No snow and it’s not too hot! Plus, there’s plenty to do and see while in the city.
- Chicago, Illinois- I know what you’re thinking, but there are plenty of reasons to visit Chicago. The big city is amazing and there’s plenty for families to do when visiting.
- Mackinac Island, Michigan- Such a beautiful place to visit during the fall months. If you haven’t been, fall is the perfect time to go with the family. Keep heading North in Michigan for a beautiful fall experience as well!
Now that you have some ideal family destinations for fall, where will you head this year? I’d love to hear the destination you have in mind.
I am a Wife, mom to 4 kids, homeschool mom, blogger, social media junkie, gypsy soul, and full time RVer, and Roadschool Family!
We have been on the road since August 2015, and loving travel and seeing new things! I am sharing our journey along the way!
Click here to learn more about starting a blog.