If you know me you know I have a sweet tooth (usually for my Orange Crush Cupcakes). I am also a sucker for a chocolate cupcake! So I made it a point to find a good homemade chocolate cupcake recipe and this one is a favorite. I use it as a base in many recipes but this time, I used the recipe to make these campfire cupcakes. They are super easy to make and are perfect for any camping trip or BBQ! I love the salty sweet combination.
Campfire Cupcakes – Homemade Chocolate Cupcake Recipe
Like I said this recipe is really easy, and it’s even fun for kids to help out with.
1 C. sugar
1/2 C. butter, melted
2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 C. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 C. milk
#1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a 12 ct muffin tin with cupcake liners
#2. Combine the cupcake ingredients, mixing well.
#3. Fill each cupcake tin about 3/4 full.
#4. Bake for 20-23 minutes.
#5. Let the cupcakes cool completely.
#1. Generously frost each cupcake with chocolate frosting.
#2. Break 2 pretzel sticks in 1/2 and place on top of the cupcake (see photo).
#4. Attach the star tip to your frosting bag and fill with orange frosting.
#5. Gently squeeze the orange frosting out of the bag on top of the pretzel sticks, so it resembles fire (see photo).
*Makes 12 cupcakes
You can also use the Wilton Sparkle Orange gel for the icing it will make it look even more fiery.
So I want to know, what are you favorite camping desserts (or cupcakes!) Let me know in the comments below!
- 1 C. sugar
- 1/2 C. butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 C. flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 C. milk
- small pretzel sticks
- chocolate frosting, any brand
- white frosting
- Wilton orange gel food coloring
- star frosting tip
- disposable piping bag
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a 12 ct muffin tin with cupcake liners (optional)
- Combine the cupcake ingredients, mixing well.
- Fill each cupcake tin about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes.
- Let the cupcakes cool completely.
- Generously frost each cupcake with chocolate frosting.
- Break 2 pretzel sticks in 1/2 and place on top of the cupcake (see photo).
- Add a few drops of the orange gel food coloring to your white frosting and stir to combine. Add more drops as needed to make a nice bright orange.
- Attach the star tip to your frosting bag and fill with orange frosting.
- Gently squeeze the orange frosting out of the bag on top of the pretzel sticks so it resembles fire (see photo).
- Makes 12 cupcakes
I am a Wife, mom to 4 kids, homeschool mom, blogger, social media junkie, gypsy soul, and full time RVer, and Roadschool Family!
We have been on the road since August 2015, and loving travel and seeing new things! I am sharing our journey along the way!
Click here to learn more about starting a blog.
Latest posts by Danielle (see all)
- 9 Super Secret Tips to Really Rock Your Disney Trip - May 18, 2017
- Top 16 Things to do in Salem MA – Explore The Salem Witch Trials - April 27, 2017
- Top 10 Tips to Make Your Visit to Legoland Resort Smoother - April 20, 2017